Hi, everyone. I hope you’re doing well. I’ve been trying to write this post all day, but it’s been a rough day. If you didn’t know, Christina Grimmie was killed last night/early this morning after her concert in Orlando by a man that traveled to Orlando to target her out and kill her. I discovered her when I was an insecure little high schooler and choir girl, and her music made me incredibly happy and feel confident in my own voice. I would watch her videos on YouTube for hours and hours, and I’ve followed her journey ever since. She had one of these natural voices that could literally give me chills—like Adele. I’m deeply saddened by the news of her passing, and I can only imagine what her loved ones are going through right now. It’s not every day that we’re blessed with natural talent, and Christina truly had that talent. It’s terrible and horrific that she lost her life to a senseless act of violence. If you’re not aware of her, go watch her videos on YouTube and just listen to her sing. I recommend her covers of “Safe and Sound” by Taylor Swift and the Civil Wars; “I Won’t Give Up” by Jason Mraz; “Titanium” by David Guetta and Sia; “Stay” by Rihanna; and “It Will Rain” by Bruno Mars. Also, her original music is fantastic, too. She was just an amazing singer, and seemed like such an amazing girl. I think what is hitting me so hard is that she was the same age that I am when she passed, and it truly is showing me that you can never predict when your time will come.
So, in honor of Christina, go watch her videos so you can be touched by her talent. And if you’re the praying type, pray for her family. I can’t imagine the heartbreak they are feeling.
Now, onto the blog post! I was graciously nominated for the Liebster Award by Ashley @ Inside My Minds. Go check out her blog!
Here are the rules:
-Acknowledge the blog that nominated you and display the award.
-Answer the 11 questions that the blog gives you.
-Give 11 random facts about yourself
-Nominate 5-11 blogs that you think are deserving of the award that have less than 200 followers.
-Let the blogs know you have nominated them.
-Give them 11 questions to answer.
11 Random Facts About Me:
1. I prefer vanilla rather than chocolate.
2. I graduated from my university with a perfect GPA (4.0). I was one of 8 in the entire graduating class (of over 3,000) to do this. In my college (the College of Arts and Sciences), I was one of two, and got to graduate as a Student Marshal (which is basically like being valedictorian without the speech).
3.I love chai lattes.
4. I will not read Harry Potter and the Cursed Child. To me, it seems like an unnecessary installment to the series. Book seven ended as “All was well.” That means, in other words, the end.
5. I don’t want children of my own, though I’m going to teach high schoolers.
6. I try to exercise daily.
7. I freelance for a magazine in Memphis called At Home Memphis & Mid South Magazine. I interned for them my junior year of college, and have been freelancing ever since.
8. The Office is my favorite TV show of all time.
9. My first job was at a car dealership. I worked in the service department as a cashier and file clerk.
10.YA Contemporary is my go-to genre.
11. My favorite flowers are lilies, daisies, and hydrangeas.
Ashley’s (In My Minds) 11 Questions:
1. Who is your least favorite Harry Potter character and why?
I’ll probably receive some hate for this, but I despise Dumbledore. Sure, he could spin some amazing lines that make for great quotes, but I think his motives were shady, he basically used people as pawns in his own game, he was power hungry, he played favorites, and really wasn’t a loyal person. The list could go on, but seriously, how he treated Snape throughout the series is my main reason.
2. If you could go to any fictional school, where would you go and why?
Typically, I’d say Hogwarts, but I’m currently reading The Mortal Instruments, so I think I’d want to go to a Shadowhunter Institute and learn all about fighting and the Shadow World.
3. What is your favorite non bookish thing to do on vacation?
I enjoy sightseeing and taking pictures on my iPhone.
4. What time of day is your favorite to read?
At night when I’m in my bed.
5. Coffee or tea?
Coffee, but I truly prefer chai lattes.
6. If you weren’t a book blogger, what would you be blogging about?
Probably just my life in general. Or maybe once I got a teaching job, I’d blog about teaching techniques and such.
7. Do you keep a reading journal?
Kind of? I keep track of the books I read in a year/month and the pages and the ratings, but that’s about it. I have a journal where I write stuff for this blog.
8. How often do you use Goodreads?
A million times a day.
9. What is the best blogging advice you have ever received?
I’ve actually never received any blogging advice. I just wanted a blog and went for it.
10. What is your favorite season?
Spring! In Memphis, it tends to get kind of cold, so I always look forward to the weather warming up after months of dreariness.
11. If you could change the ending of any book, what book would you choose, and how would you change the ending?
Allegiant by Veronica Roth. I think, if you’ve read the book, you know what I’d change.
My Questions for Those Tagged:
1. What is your favorite vacation spot?
2. What is your favorite book? Or book series?
3. Who is your fictional crush?
4. How many siblings, if any, do you have?
5. What is your favorite day of the week?
6. Which holiday do you enjoy the most?
7. Do you own any signed books? If so, which ones?
8. Have you ever read any fanfiction? If so, what did you read?
9. Who is your most owned author?
10. Sweet or sour?
11. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
I tag anyone who hasn’t done this tag!
I’ve been going through the blogs I follow, and it seems that most of my followers/the people I follow have already done this tag. Soooooo, if you’re reading this and you haven’t done the tag, I tag you!