Hey, everyone! I’ve been lucky enough to be nominated for another award—the Versatile Blogger Award. Many thanks to Casey at AdoptaBookAUS for nominating me!
Rule 1: Show award on your blog
Rule 2: Thank the person who that has nominated you
Rule 3: Share seven facts about yourself
Rule 4: Nominate 15 blogs of your choice
Rule 5: Link your nominees and let them know of your nomination
Seven Facts About ME:
1. I’m really family oriented, and I spend pretty much all my free time with my family—especially my mom. We all share something that makes our relationship unique. My mom is my best friend. We love to laugh, sing, bake, and exercise together. We’re both shy and we’re both snarky and sarcastic. My dad is serious and stubborn, just like me. I look exactly like him, just with hair. My sister and I look nothing alike, and if you saw us together, you wouldn’t know we were related. However, we both love raunchy comedies and we like to dance and sing (poorly, on my part) to rap music. And then there’s the baby of the family, Lola. She’s a Cavapoo (Cavalier King and Poodle mix) and she’s our little love. She has the same reddish hair as me, which is crazy.
2. My favorite colors in general are purple and black, but my favorite colors to wear are gray, black, white, and/or red. These just seem like really elegant colors, and I like the way they look on me.
3. I’m an anorexia survivor. It’s a long story, but it started during high school and lasted through the middle of college. All of my bones showed, I was obsessed with exercising and burning calories, I was afraid of food, and now, my immune system is shot because of a lack of nutrition. I wore a size zero in a lot of clothes (and considering I’m 5’7’’ with a large ribcage, this was pretty terrible), and even then, the clothes fell off. My family says they feared for my life daily, and it’s because of them that I overcame the disease. I still struggle sometimes, but I’m a lot healthier and happier now. I spent a lot of time not living due to my obsession with not eating. It’s not a good life to live, and unfortunately, I wasted years of my life.
4. I’m currently in the stage of rewriting a contemporary YA novel I wrote last summer. I’m not going to go into much detail right now since it’s being reworked, but let’s just say it’ll be a tearjerker, I think. I’ve enjoyed writing it, even though it can be a pain sometimes. I’m hoping to be a published author one day, and maybe this will be my debut novel. Who knows?
5. I’ve been to Disney World six times since I was sixteen. Here are some pictures, in case you’ve never been.
6. I really hate the following foods and drinks:
-Tea (sweet or any other type)
7. I was a military brat growing up. I was born in New Orleans, Louisiana, but only lived there for a year. I lived in Fort Worth, Texas for six years. Then I moved to Memphis, Tennessee, and I’ve been here ever since. I’ve only been to New Orleans twice since I left and Fort Worth once, but I love both of these cities. I went to Mardi Gras my senior year of high school, and it was the most fun vacation I’ve ever been on.
I tag the following people:
(If you’ve already been nominated for this award, I’m sorry!)
- Lea @ A Shelf of Dreams & Tales
- Emma @ Among the Pages
- Kat @ Bookbox by Kat
- Trisha @ Vive Les Books
- Beth @ Hello Beautiful Book Blog
- Anna @ My Bookish Dream
- CK @ CK’s Reading Corner
- Cintia @ Reflection of the Books
- Karleigh @ Read by Karleigh
- Jacquie & Gina @ Rattle the Stars
- Chloe @ Paint and Butterflies Books
- Katie @ Kate’s Book Date
- Fatima @ NoteablePad
- Ninoshka @ Enchanted Readers
- Ally @ Multifandomed Book Blogger